Monday, October 11, 2010

More baking successes!




The monogram and date decorations on the cake leave something to be desired, but I was just playing with it and really feeling pretty lazy at that point.  My fondant came out more perfectly than I could have hoped, so that was a huge plus.  Fondant is not something I would set out to each much of, even the nice-tasting marshmallow fondanat, but it definitely gives that very smooth, pretty finish.  And we won't taste until after fake Thanksgiving dinner tonight, but the pecan pie at least looks good.  Hopefully it tastes equally good.

This morning I again woke up really wanting a huge fluffy cinnamon roll.  I couldn't sleep this morning because I haven't been feeling well since last night, so I got up and started the long process of homemade cinnamon rolls.  They took about 3 hours start to finish, and I have to say, they were okay, but not the Cinnabon-like roll I was hoping for.  Oh well, just won't use that recipe again.  They will probably be going to Chris's office.  Canada does at least have an actual Cinnabon shop, so maybe it will be a treat sometime soon.

I also had a great confirmation yesterday - how I know that marrying Chris was the right decision.  It has nothing to do with the usual reasons - looks, personality, etc.  Nope, none of these...... After turning the kitchen into the disaster that I ALWAYS turn it into, Chris came in and just started cleaning up for me.  DURING FOOTBALL.  And even though he says its mostly because he was having a bad fantasy game day, I'm considering that irrelevant.  That's how you know you have a good man.  His stress relief is cleaning, and he is willing to clean up AFTER his not-even-that-pregnant wife.  AND that's before I told him that I was feeling lousy.  Good, good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment