Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baking success!

I am all ready to serve up my:

apple turnovers

and:
pumpkin scones

I really enjoyed my baking time yesterday - it was like having a real job because it literally took from 9-5, and I had about 5 minutes to eat my lunch in between!  I have to say, whoever invented the food processor is my new hero.  And having my chef's mat really helped my back.  It only ached a little bit later in the evening, which I could completely handle.  I'm so very pleased with how my treats came out.  The apple turnovers are SO well.  I tweaked the recipe from the first time I made them and could not be happier with how they came out.... the crust is flaky, the filling is a great combo of tart and sweet, and they look pretty!  I am always my own worst critic, so I am just so happy that I can be this pleased with the results of my hard work..... and it doesn't hurt that I'm getting paid a decent amount for my very first, completely amateur, catering job.

The best moment of the day might have been when I picked Chris up from work and he told me that his coworkers wanted to know when they were going to be again reaping the benefits of my baking.... he told them that they might get some scraps since I was working on a real job for the day, to which they asked, "when do we get some scraps?"  I thought this was hilarious.  I wanted Chris to take the 8 extra turnovers I had and let them fight over them, or even better, auction them off to the highest bidder, but he I think he might have feared for his life in that situation.  Oh well.


Mom, I will try to send some to you sometime, and other mom, I promise I will make these in December!

2 comments:

  1. The treats look so good! I like the thought of auctioning off your extra turnovers, but Chris needs his job so he can take good care of baby Olive. I think you better whip up some treats for the office. Olive your mommy is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungary. I just got home from working out and I want to reach into the computer and grab one of those treats. They turned out great. Can't wait to try the apple turnovers. I know how wonderful the scones are. I wonder if Olive will be a fantastic cook like mommy or a football lover like daddy. Hopefully both. Love you guys.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete