Friday, October 15, 2010

In case you have forgotten where babies come from....

... today I was doing my usual Bump reading, and a girl posted about what a preschooler said regarding where babies come from:  "The mom eats the baby and then it grows inside her belly and then it EXPLODES out her tummy and it is born."  I'm trying to figure out if this sounds more or less pleasant than the "usual" way that babies are born.  Based on the graphic images I've seen in a pamphlet the doctor's office gave me, I'm still on the fence about this.... have my stomach explode, or be ripped in half?  Both sound horrifying.

Also, to let anyone who might have worried (mom and mom), I am feeling SO much better (thank you both for checking in on me daily).  I'm still coughing a bit, but I'm sleeping, I can breathe, and I think my appetite is coming back.  Yesterday Chris and I laughed because I told him that my appetite has been down this week so much that I was back to eating like a normal non-pregnant person... I had ONE breakfast, ONE lunch, two snacks, and one dinner.  That's pretty sparse compared to my last 8 weeks or so.

I'll have a picture to post tomorrow I think.  We'll call it the 14/15 week picture.  Trust me, I don't think there's any difference from last week, but we'll see.  I say that, and maybe I'll "pop" overnight :)

1 comment:

  1. What can I say; I am your mother and I will always worry. I love you and am glad you feel better. Love, Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete